Bio-compatible, metal-free zirconia dental implants
Healthy, beautiful teeth contribute significantly to our quality of life. They are an essential part of our appearance and daily eating habits. Choosing the right material is a very important part of the smile reconstruction process.
The Titanium dental implant has long been the standard for replacing a missing tooth. However, Zirconia implants have been available on the European market for years. The Zirconia dental implants are made of special ceramic (Zirconium oxide, ZrO2) that is used in the spaceships because of its high resistance to fracture and heat.
This ceramic dental implant has significant advantages:
- Holistic: Zirconia implants are a holistic solution for absolutely metal-free dentistry.
- Aesthetic: The white color of Zirconium substitutes the metallic appearance of Titanium.
- Hygienic: Ceramic implants and crowns retain less plaque and calculus than Titanium, therefore promoting healthier gums.
Like traditional Titanium implants, Zirconium dental implants are:
- Biocompatible: Zirconium is an inert material with very low allergic potential.
- Strong: The flexural strength of the Zirconia dental implant is close to 1200 MPa.
- Osseointegrative: Zirconia implants have proven high level of osseointegration (meaning the bone fuses to the implant), confirmed in numerous studies in Germany and the USA.
When teeth are made from artificial biomaterials, it is essential to use ceramics of uncompromised quality in terms of appearance, mechanical strength, and functional safety. Oxide ceramics have been proven effective in all fields. Since the 1980’s, when zirconia implants were proposed for use in dentistry due to success with hip implants, important progress has been made to assure zirconia’s safety and success. Zirconia ceramic implants have also been recommended as the preferred implant for tooth replacement.
Repair Your Teeth with Natural-Looking Tooth-Colored Porcelain Onlays
If a cavity gets too deep to fill, Dr. Gashinsky may recommend a porcelain onlay, which is a piece of porcelain that replaces the missing structure of the damaged tooth and guards that tooth against further damage.
Tooth-colored porcelain onlays look completely natural.
Teeth that are broken or have large defective fillings can be restored to proper form, function and appearance with dental crowns. Dental crowns can also be used for cosmetic enhancement.
Dental Crowns Offer You Many Benefits:
- Restores broken teeth
- Repairs fractured fillings
- Protects your teeth from breaking
- Improves your smile
How it Works
When a tooth is fractured, heavily decayed, or has an overly large filling, it is more likely to lose strength and be susceptible to further damage. Dr. Gashinsky may recommend a crown, often called a “cap,” to strengthen and protect the remaining tooth structure. Crowns can be matched to your adjacent teeth to improve the appearance of your smile.
Do you have missing teeth? Would you like to replace or restore your smile? Your missing teeth may be causing you jaw pain or headaches.
Naturally-colored dental bridges can be used to restore your smile and eliminate your related pain.
- Replace Your Teeth and Restore Your Smile – A dental bridge will replace your missing teeth, improve your smile, and look completely natural. You’ll have a great “new smile” that you’ll want to show to everybody!
- Natural-Looking White Teeth – Dental bridges look completely natural and give you a new smile that makes you look and feel great.
How it Works
Lost teeth can make you feel too embarrassed to smile. In addition, when a tooth (or teeth) are lost and not replaced, your teeth can drift from their proper position, causing jaw pain and headaches and increasing the likelihood of decay.
Dr. Gashinsky can insert a natural looking, tooth-colored bridge into the space where your tooth or teeth are missing to restore your smile back to its original appearance. Bridges are tooth replacements that are attached to adjoining natural teeth. Dental bridges are also an effective way to prevent the unsightly “drifting” of teeth that can occur when you are missing one or more teeth.
Do your dentures slip or are uncomfortable? Are your teeth loose and your in the need of a denture but don’t want something that is removable? We have the solution with a revolutionary dental technology called the All-on-4 or also known as Teeth in a Day.
What is All-on-4?
This is a state-of-the art procedure where in one day, 4 implants are placed and a customized set of teeth are securely attached to the implants allowing you to never be without teeth. They are not removable and you will be able to function and eat the same day. This is a remarkable option for those who can’t or won’t do a full mouth of implants or are unable or unwilling to wear a denture.
How do I know if it’s right for me?
The best way to know if this permanent solution is right for you is to have a consultation with our doctor. We’ll review your situation, ask questions and we’ll decide together if this a good option for you. With modern dentistry we can achieve almost anything for our patients and learning about all options available to you is key in making the right decision.
What should I expect?
We would need to take custom impressions before the actual day of the procedure so we can fabricate your new teeth. The day of your procedure you will be able to drive and function normally. Any problem teeth that are present are removed and special dental implants are strategically placed. Then the set of permanent teeth that have been fabricated are fitted to the implants and are securely attached to these newly placed implants. You will receive step-by-step instructions on how to care for your new smile, and we will see you intermittently during the time the implants are healing and attaching to the bone.
…the result is fully fixed teeth with very little downtime and instant results.
So if you’re unhappy, self-conscious or even embarrassed about your smile, call us for your consultation to see how we can help you. Now you can have a permanent solution that is not too invasive or expensive and that will fit your lifestyle and busy schedule.
Are you missing some (or all) of your teeth? Do you wish to restore your smile back to looking healthy and natural?
If you’ve lost some or all of your natural teeth, whether from periodontal disease, tooth decay or injury, partial or complete dentures may be right for you.
- Improve Your Smile – Dentures are created specifically to restore your teeth and smile while looking completely natural;
- Improve Speech – Your speech may have changed with the loss of one or more teeth. This can lead to embarrassment and frustration while talking. Your speech will be clearer and more easily understood when you replace missing teeth with Dentures;
- Improve Chewing – Replacing missing teeth with full or partial dentures improves chewing ability and allows you to enjoy your favorite foods.